Version 1.0 – Last updated [30 May 2006]
mcm syndication pty ltd trading as mcm entertainment of Level 4, 21-31 Goodwood Street, Richmond, Victoria 3121, Australia (mcm) is bound by the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and is committed to protecting the personal information you provide when using the ['The Hot Hits Australia' ®] website (the Website).
1. Collection of Personal Information
The collection of personal information depends on how you use the Website.
When you use the Website, mcm may collect your IP address and certain ‘click through’ information about your use of the Website.
To access certain features of the Website, you will need to register as a Website member. mcm requires that you provide certain personal information (such as your name, email address, postcode, password, age and gender and mobile phone number (optional)) in order to register as a user of those features.
If you contact mcm with a question or comment, mcm may collect certain personal information for the purposes of responding to your question or comment. mcm will only use that personal information for this purpose.
2. Use of Personal Information
mcm may use the information it collects when you use the Website or when you register as a user of the Website:
- to monitor who is accessing the Website or using services offered on the Website;
- to profile the type of people accessing the Website;
- to tailor the information on the Website to your personal preferences; and
- if you consent to receive communications from mcm, to send you news and information about mcm’s services and products and services and products of mcm’s third party suppliers and “partners” (such as record companies) by email or SMS.
mcm will generally not provide your personal information to any third party. mcm will only disclose your personal information to a third party if:
- that disclosure is required for the purposes for which we collected the information;
- you have consented to that disclosure;
- mcm is required by law to disclose the information; or
- mcm is otherwise permitted to disclose the information under the National Privacy Principles.
mcm may compile and disclose aggregated information about users of the Website but this aggregated information will not include any information identifying individuals.
4. Security of Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that personal information that mcm collects from the Website is kept secure through the facilities provided by our secure corporate database.
While mcm exercises great care in relation to the security of your personal information, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. mcm does not ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted to or from the Website and you use the Website at your own risk.
5. How to seek access to your Personal Information
You are entitled to seek access to any personal information which mcm holds about you.
mcm may withhold access to your personal information in a number of circumstances which are set out in the National Privacy Principles.
If you wish to seek access to personal information mcm holds about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Links to third party websites
7. How to contact mcm
Please contact mcm at email@example.com if you would like further information on our personal information handling practices.
8. Additional privacy information
If you are interested in obtaining additional information on privacy you can visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.